Sunday 13 October 2013

Having a Cheapskate Mother

yea, I have a cheapskate mother, but that's  not an insult, okay?
I'm proud to have a cheapskate mother so that i wouldn't be an easily fooled buyer.
this week, it is a 5 days off school because of Aidul Adha! Or mostly malaysian says "Raya Korban".
So, I went home with my sister at our new house in Shah Alam, without my older sister, that is because she said "I'd rather stay at Gramma's house than following you guys so I can focus on my studds"

I'm happy to be in Shah Alam, we eat food that aren't much in Kuantan, hey, I'm not saying Kuantan is a boring place is just that "Home Sweet Home" right? Another thing I like about being in KL is that they have lots of highway that can lead you to any place and less stop by traffic.

Yesterday and today, we went to town for a window shopping, buy some groceries and also grab lunch at a restaurant. I've realised long time ago about my mother's a cheapskate but than i focused on what she told me when we were shopping.

Her eyes was like a tiger as we entered the mall, she only focuses on the promotion, sale and discounts label. But I think usual commoners would just come and search for things they should buy, but my mommy is so not like that. She would say "Yana, is that buy 3 for RM10", "don't buy that,that is only if we buy a box for 30% discount" or "can't you find a cheaper price yogurt drink?" actually some brands price RM1.59, RM1,69 and RM1.79 not much differences but mommy just say "if you could collect 10 sen  a day you can afford yourself a gadget"


Baaah, that's way too ridiculous, 10 sen a day then i need to wait until 2 years I can afford a gadget, sometimes middle-aged mother just babble-naggin' silly things so that their children would work harder.

Another tips is when i wanted to buy a crab for dinner, she only picks female with eggs and full body, I ask her "Mom, why dont you pick that one cuz it's big eventhough it's a male" Mommy knocks the ice-full crab's body "Naaah, the ices wont go off , we cant take this crab because when we scale it, we need to pay more just because of the ices weight." I can only nod but that is right.


I understands that "Mommy knows best"
so, every mother still needs to increase their knowledge and removes all their bad habits so that your children wouldn't be a useless child, every child 80% learnt about life from their parents (my own facts, so i don't care if you wanna believe or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment